We have listed some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in this section. Have a Question? Post it here and Prashanthi will answer it for you.

Post Your Question Publicly or Anonymously

Have an immigration related question? Post your question by filing out the form below. You can post your questions publicly or anonymously. Please note it is not guaranteed that all questions posted in this section will be answered. Although Prashanthi Reddy tries to answer as many questions as possible.

Post Your Question?

Do You Want To Display Your Name Along With Your Question When It Is Posted Online In The Section Below?

  Yes. Display My Name        No. Do Not Display My Name
Note: Please Check Your Junk Mail In Case You Do Not See An Email From Us Within 5 Mins In Your Inbox.


Notice: Undefined index: page in /home/reddyesq/public_html/page.php on line 689

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/reddyesq/public_html/pagi.php on line 9
Posted by : Venkat , On date : 2020-12-10 02:16:55 Category :H1B Visa
Hello, you can file for a H-1 with 15 years of education, by combining that with your work experience. 3 yrs of work experience is equal to 1 year of study. A work experience evaluation can be obtained.
Posted by : Pavan , On date : 2020-06-30 07:48:14 Category :H1B Visa
You have to file your H -1 from the same employer that has registered for the cap lottery and was picked.
Posted by : Naga , On date : 2018-05-03 10:45:44 Category :H1B Visa
You should apply for a Labor and I-140 for yourself, you still have sufficient time. This way you can continue to extend your H-1b for three years once your I-140 is approved or for 1 year once your labor cert or I-140 has been pending for 1 year. You also have the option of converting to H-4, but given the present scenario it might be risky to only depend on that option.
Posted by : Jaydip Patel , On date : 2017-05-16 12:44:13 Category :H1B Visa
In order to apply for a H-4 visa you will have to first withdraw your request for the H-1b visa, as you have correctly pointed out, it is hard to say how long administrative processing will take, it sometimes takes upto 6 months.
On date : 2015-11-28 02:07:59 Category :H1B Visa

Most family and employment-based immigration is numerically limited. Each country and category has its own quota. Because the demand for green cards exceeds the supply in many cases, the State Department publishes a monthly Visa Bulletin to allow you to determine how long it takes to achieve permanent residence according to your country of birth and visa category. It is important to track the movement in a particular category over time to determine how long the backlog is. Often, the waiting time is longer than it appears in the Visa Bulletin. See the latest Visa Bulletin.

On date : 2015-11-22 14:14:22 Category :H1B Visa
Yes you can apply for the TN visa. You can also apply for a H-1b, if you have a bachelors degree, both the TN and H-1 are filed by an prospective employer.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:13:40 Category :H1B Visa
Yes, but you need to work for the employer who filed your GC.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:12:59 Category :H1B Visa
Yes you can, as long as you continue to work for the employer that has sponsored you for the Green Card.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:12:17 Category :H1B Visa
If you are a partner in the company, you will have a problem with the H-1. An H-1 is only for employees. If you do not meet the test of an employee your H-1 is in jeopardy. It would not be a problem if you owned shares in a public company as your employee status would not be jeopardized.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:07:02 Category :H1B Visa
Yes, as long as the H-1 has been filed.

Schedule A Consultation