We have listed some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in this section. Have a Question? Post it here and Prashanthi will answer it for you.

Post Your Question Publicly or Anonymously

Have an immigration related question? Post your question by filing out the form below. You can post your questions publicly or anonymously. Please note it is not guaranteed that all questions posted in this section will be answered. Although Prashanthi Reddy tries to answer as many questions as possible.

Post Your Question?

Do You Want To Display Your Name Along With Your Question When It Is Posted Online In The Section Below?

  Yes. Display My Name        No. Do Not Display My Name
Note: Please Check Your Junk Mail In Case You Do Not See An Email From Us Within 5 Mins In Your Inbox.


On date : 2015-11-22 14:14:22 Category :H1B Visa
Yes you can apply for the TN visa. You can also apply for a H-1b, if you have a bachelors degree, both the TN and H-1 are filed by an prospective employer.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:13:40 Category :H1B Visa
Yes, but you need to work for the employer who filed your GC.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:12:59 Category :H1B Visa
Yes you can, as long as you continue to work for the employer that has sponsored you for the Green Card.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:12:17 Category :H1B Visa
If you are a partner in the company, you will have a problem with the H-1. An H-1 is only for employees. If you do not meet the test of an employee your H-1 is in jeopardy. It would not be a problem if you owned shares in a public company as your employee status would not be jeopardized.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:07:02 Category :H1B Visa
Yes, as long as the H-1 has been filed.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:02:55 Category :H1B Visa
H-1 can be approved as long as the company can show why they need you.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:02:16 Category :H1B Visa
Fresh H-1 is needed. You will get an additional 6 years on your H-1. Technically speaking you are on H-1 once it gets approved, you are no longer on L-1 visa.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:00:02 Category :H1B Visa
You will be out of status, unless you have medical reasons or some other emergency and have taken leave without pay. If you are outside the country, you don’t have to be paid by the employer.
On date : 2015-11-22 13:58:43 Category :H1B Visa
You can start working as soon as the H-1 petition is received by the USCIS, usually takes a week or so to get the receipt.

Schedule A Consultation