We have listed some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in this section. Have a Question? Post it here and Prashanthi will answer it for you.

Post Your Question Publicly or Anonymously

Have an immigration related question? Post your question by filing out the form below. You can post your questions publicly or anonymously. Please note it is not guaranteed that all questions posted in this section will be answered. Although Prashanthi Reddy tries to answer as many questions as possible.

Post Your Question?

Do You Want To Display Your Name Along With Your Question When It Is Posted Online In The Section Below?

  Yes. Display My Name        No. Do Not Display My Name
Note: Please Check Your Junk Mail In Case You Do Not See An Email From Us Within 5 Mins In Your Inbox.


Notice: Undefined index: cat_url in /home/reddyesq/public_html/page.php on line 549

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/reddyesq/public_html/pagi.php on line 9
On date : 2015-11-22 14:07:02 Category :H1B Visa
Yes, as long as the H-1 has been filed.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:02:55 Category :H1B Visa
H-1 can be approved as long as the company can show why they need you.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:02:16 Category :H1B Visa
Fresh H-1 is needed. You will get an additional 6 years on your H-1. Technically speaking you are on H-1 once it gets approved, you are no longer on L-1 visa.
On date : 2015-11-22 14:00:02 Category :H1B Visa
You will be out of status, unless you have medical reasons or some other emergency and have taken leave without pay. If you are outside the country, you don’t have to be paid by the employer.
On date : 2015-11-22 13:58:43 Category :H1B Visa
You can start working as soon as the H-1 petition is received by the USCIS, usually takes a week or so to get the receipt.
On date : 2015-11-22 13:57:03 Category :H1B Visa
You get a 60 days grace period after the expiry of your OPT, If it expires Aug 1 you have until October 1. You can apply for an H-1 extension now and stay safely in the USA.
On date : 2015-11-22 13:56:18 Category :H1B Visa
Visa is the stamp that you have on your passport, you mean that you have applied and were granted a change of status from L to H. The USCIS does not automatically cancel your L-1, the company could withdraw the L-1 once you leave.
On date : 2015-11-22 13:55:32 Category :H1B Visa
No. you have to be outside the country for a year to get 6 years more on your H-1.

Schedule A Consultation